Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Trevor

Six months ago, while I was at the zoo with the kids and my mom, we got a phone call from Trevor saying he had just sworn into four years with the army. Needless to say we were quite surprised and sad. That six months went by fast! Right now he is officially on a plane to boot camp in Georgia.

On Friday we went out to dinner with my parents and Trevor at the Brick Oven.
 
The highlight was they had a guy going from table to table making balloon animals, well things out of balloons. We didn't get any animals, but he was really amazing.
Beck got Iron Man

Tate got a Little Green Man
Trey got Buzz Lightyear. Here he is helping Buzz fly.









On Saturday we all went to Tooele, so Trevor could say goodbye to the Colledge family. We ate at the local Chinese restaurant, Sun Lok Yuen.
Trevor enjoying his Orange Chicken
All the cousins loved the fish tank.
 Monday we went out to lunch at Joe's Cafe with some people from Trevor's ward before he had to report Monday afternoon. *On a side note, if you have not yet eaten at Joe's it's amazing!
Notice Tate's meltdown. He should've been down for a nap
about 5 minutes before I took this picture.


Saying goodbye to the twins.
They put Trevor up in a hotel in Salt Lake for the night. Tuesday morning he had a swearing in ceremony, which I think this was the third time they had him do this, followed by a physical. After the physical he had the day off. My parents were able to spend the rest of the day in Salt Lake with him. He is now on his way to nine weeks of boot camp. After boot camp they give him his cell phone back and we will be able to have contact with him on a regular basis for the next fourteen weeks he is in training.  

I love him and I will miss him a lot. Thankfully I think all my crying is under control for now. Trevor gets to come home after he completes his training, but not for long. It sounds like it will be about a week and then he will find out where he will be stationed. I'm already crossing my fingers it won't be Iraq, but I don't know that the odds are in my favor.

I tried explaining to Beck what was happening and I'm pretty sure he doesn't understand, but he is going to miss his Uncle Trevor. Trevor has been such a great uncle and my kids are really going to miss him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment