Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Park

I cannot express how happy I am that the weather is warmer and it has finally stopped raining or snowing long enough for  us to get outside! Tuesday my mom and I took the kids to the park. This is a two person job because the twins are CRAZY!!

I love how different Tate and Trey's personalities are when it comes to playing at the park.Tate is insane. He immediately goes for the tallest slide and has no fear of anything. Trey is timid and is scared to walk on the park equipment let alone go down a slide. Trey, however, was so excited to be there he followed Tate to the top of the tallest slide, started to go down, realized where he was, stopped, started screaming and wouldn't budge. So I got to be "one of those moms" that look so awkward going down a slide with their kid.

As our time at the park went on he finally found a slide he liked.
Trey will only go down a slide face first. So I had to catch him at the bottom every time so he didn't end up with a mouth full of wood chips (which sadly did happen once).

Wednesday night Randy and I took the kids to the park again and just when I thought it couldn't get crazier it did. Tate can now climb the ladders that take you to the tall part. They can climb up slides, if I let them get that far.And they learned how to hang on the bars.
Tate
Trey
Tate can hold himself up for minutes at a time. Randy put him on the monkey bars to see how long he could keep himself up there. Randy's arms got tired waiting for him to fall. It was unbelievable. The second he fell he wanted to do it again. I want to time him next time!

Trey can support himself good. He is better than Beck was at his age, but not as good as Tate. He didn't like the monkey bar idea. It was too high up for his liking, but he loved swinging on the little bar. After he was done hanging he would clap for himself. It was adorable. 

One of the other kids at the park was climbing on top of the tube slides, so Tate decided to try. We stopped him quickly, but I don't doubt that he could have made it up there. I guess that's what is next.

I love the idea of taking the kids to the park, but I don't know if my heart can handle too much of it this summer. The anxiety of what the twins will do next might just kill me!

No comments:

Post a Comment