Monday, May 9, 2011

Against the Grain

I am not a morning person! This being said I have made it my goal to make sure none of my children are morning people, until now.

Beck was born a night owl. I went into labor the night before I was scheduled to be enduced. He wouldn't sleep through the night until he was almost 18 months and I believe it was because he felt the need to be awake doing something fun. The problem now is he has already entered teenage phase and will sleep all day if we let him.

Tate and Trey were not originally night owls. They had to be trained. Over the last week, Trey thinks that waking up at 5am is a great idea. He then wants to take a nap at 10am instead of waking up at 8am and taking a nap at 1pm.

Tate doesn't get up until around 7am now. He likes to sleep, like Beck, but Trey gets the best of him and gets him up after two hours of yelling and throwing stuffed animals at him.

It would be one thing if Trey just played happily in his room, but sadly he can climb out of his crib. He comes and gets me. He is happy sitting in our bed for about 10 minutes but then he is ready to play. If he isn't played with he gets into all sorts of trouble.

Thankfully yesterday was Mother's Day and he was without a nap due to church and Mother's Day festivities. However he still only slept till 6:30am.

Even though I have been going to bed earlier to compensate for waking up earlier, I still find myself grogy and disconnected the whole day. I am convinced I am not genetically able to wake up early and be productive day in and day out. I'm hoping this is a phase that will end quickly and he will go back to the way things were.

1 comment:

  1. i totally hear ya! about 2 or 3 yrs ago, my kids would sleep till like 10am no matter what time they went to bed. but now... i can try and keep them up late... but my will always wake up by 7 or 7:30 and then wake up my daughter.. it is horrible. i hope they sleep in for you.. because i understand how a day can turn into a bad day real soon when you are woke up early!

    ReplyDelete