Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Buzzy

Buzz Lightyear has had quite a life. I remember Trevor having a Buzz Lightyear action figure when he was little and now my children love him as well. Except Trey. Love does not properly describe how he feels about Buzz. I think obsessed is a better word.

The first thing he says to me every morning is "play Buzz" He cries if we watch anything of than Buzz. He sleeps with his stuffed Buzz Lightyear and 99% of our conversations go like this

Trey: Mom
Me: What?
Trey: Buzz
and he shows me the Buzz Lightyear he is holding. He does this all day long! If the conversation does not go exactly as scripted above he has a melt down. This is one I accidentally have with him occasionally.

Trey: Mom
Me: Is that Buzz?
Trey: MOM!
Unless I say What? when he says Mom. He just yells MOM! over and over and over to me until the conversation goes correctly. It took me a little while to realize that it had to happen a certain way.

I added it up the other day and I think we have 11 different Buzz Lightyears. Trey rotates through all of them all day long. We have 2 mini action figures, 4 different stuff animals, a couple lego Buzzes, a mid sized Buzz and two full sized Buzz Lightyear action figures. All of these are just Buzz. This is not including all the other Toy Story toys we have. I think Andy would be jealous of their room. 

Occasionally Trey mixes it up and he will hold Woody with Buzz. When Trey says Woody it sounds like Woey. I love it. He has also started calling Buzz, Buzzy. I guess he loves him so much he needed a nickname.

The other night Trey was screaming because he didn't want me to turn off Buzz and put him to bed. I decided to let him finish the movie. At the end of the movie he started screaming again, so we started it again hoping he would just fall asleep watching Buzz. One person did fall asleep and that was me. I woke up at 1am to Trey telling me to "play buzz" again. I put him in his crib and he cried for 35 minutes to watch Buzz before he finally gave in to sleep.

I think I want to change my previous statement. Trey is not obsessed with Buzz he is addicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment