Sunday, July 3, 2011

Toy Story Birthday Party

I love throwing birthday parties for my kids! Since they are all June babies I combine their birthday funds and throw one awesome party, if I do say so myself. Back in March I was reading Design Dazzle and they had a post on Toy Story parties and using toys they already had. Seeing as how there are few Toy Story toys we don't own I figured this was a great idea.

I made the invites myself. Simple, but by the theme.
For whatever reason, this picture would not rotate! 
This year we chose Cherry Hill Park, which I love because it's hidden away from all the busy roads.

This was the cake table
Here is a close up of their great cakes we got from Amber's Birthday Creations

They turned out fantastic and tasted great too!!

The party boxes for the kids, in an old box with toy story printables on it


The present table, note the etch-e-sketch. That was Randy's pride and joy.

We always BBQ, so on this years menu we had BBQ chicken, hot dogs, potato salad, pasta salad, berry salad, watermelon and chips. The drinks were one of my favorite things at the party

I found a website that had free printables of the pictures that are in Andy's Room on Toy Story. Here are some of them I put up
I taped them to the poles around the pavilion at the party and we had balloons tied around each pole

We also had the Buzz Lightyear pinata
Buzz was filled with a tad too much candy... so sadly this happened
We tried different ways to retie it, but sadly the kids ended up hitting him on the ground
While we were getting ready to sing Happy Birthday to the boys, Trey decided his cake was too good to wait for
After we opened presents Tate decided to get in on the cake action too
I tried to cut him a piece off. He didn't want anything to do with that

I think the party was a success and by far the best party we've had. We are grateful for all of our family and friends that were able to come and celebrate with us!

1 comment:

  1. that is so cute!! and i love the pool for the drinks!! looks like a total success!

    ReplyDelete