Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Swimming & Fireworks

Years 1, 2 and 3 of Beck's life were filled with a fear of water. Bath time sounded like we were performing water torture on the poor child. Since we will be going to Florida in a few weeks and seeing as how it's entirely too hot and humid there, we knew we would be spending a lot of time at the pool. So we took the kids out on a test run on Saturday. Thankfully my parents came along with us to wrangle all my crazy kids!

We went to the Lindon City Pool, which I love. It's such a kid friendly pool!
That is just half the pool, and I love the pirate ship slides!

Beck is feeling a little more confident this year and we were there from open until close! We couldn't get him out of the water, except to eat a few chips
Beck still doesn't like water on his face, so the lazy river that had a water fall in it was not an enjoyable activity for him. But considering last year it took my about 2 hours to get him to put his feet in the water, I think this was a great improvement!

Around 4 o'clock the twins were tuckered out
Tate and Trey don't have much fear, of anything. They loved getting splashed and had a blast going down the big slide. They got in trouble several times for going down the kiddie slides head first on their back and stomach depending on what they felt like.
We didn't get sunscreen around their eyes very well, so they have sunburned rings now and look like raccoons. It's so sad.

After a long day of swimming we went down to see the Stadium of Fire fireworks. We had a good spot on the lawn by the hospital
Yes, my children take their swords with them everywhere. Here is another awesome Beck pose
The ice cream man drove around and parked right in front of us. So after five minutes we gave in and got the kids ice cream. Beck got a spiderman and after about 2 licks he ended up on the road. We then got to listen to him cry about his ice cream through the entire firework show.

Beck was still crying in the car on the way home. He told me "I am so tired" So I replied "Close your eyes" He looked at me as if he hadn't thought of that. He was instantly asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment