Thursday, April 28, 2011

I'm back!

So I've been off the blogging train for the last couple weeks. Lots of crazyness going on! I was sick for a week and half with a dreadful cold. I've been super busy with work and the twins did something horrible that turns our lives upsidedown! They learned how to climb out of their crib.

Sunday, April 10, I woke up to go start breakfast and I heard the toys in the twins' room going off. I go in to find both boys playing with their toys, not in their bed. So Randy took the rail off the front of their crib and turned it into a toddler bed. We didn't want them to repeat this horrible action and injure themselves.

Once the bed was converted they thought it was cool they could climb in and out of the bed on their own. Then nap time came. Tate wouldn't nap at all. Trey would lay down as long as Randy layed on the floor next to him holding his hand and his nap was incredibly short. So we had two very cranky kids all afternoon and we were hoping they would fall asleep easier because they had been up most the day. No. Not my boys. They were up until midnight fighting this new bed.

The next two days went much the same. No naps and fighting them to sleep at night. I thought at some point they would snap out of it and get used to their new bed, but I was at my breaking point. I was getting nothing done becuase they were there all day long and crying most of the day. Beck was freaking out because he enjoys the time away from the twins he gets. He likes building with his legos and not having it instantly torn down. On Wednesday afternoon I decided I was going to break down and buy a tent to put over the crib so they couldn't climb out.

I looked online for one that was in stock here. No one had them. I couldn't bring myself to buy one online for the hefty prcie of $65.00. Of which I was sure the twins would somehow destroy. So we endured another horrible night.

Thursday morning I woke up and had an epiphany. Turn the crib around! It's a sleigh crib and they can't climb out the back! The sides are sloped so it would be more difficult to get out there as well. I woke Randy up and told him he had to put the crib back together before he went to work, because I didn't think I could survive another day of no napping. It worked! They stayed in their crib and napped happily. They went to bed that night and everyone was well rested.

Friday both twins escaped over the side. I thought it was all over again. I put them back in their crib and they didn't get out again. Tate is a very good climber and can scale anything, but it's difficult for him to get out of the crib on his own. So he doesn't do it anymore. He did it once and I think that was enough for him to know he could do it. Trey cannot get out on his own, but every morning now Tate lets him stand on him to get out. He then comes to get me while Tate is in the crib yelling "Help! Help! Mommy Help!" I don't know how they came to the conclusion that Tate should lay down and let Trey out but it has been happening everyday for 3 weeks. It seems to work well. They take naps, go to bed on time and no one has been injured. So I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment