Thursday, April 28, 2011

Black Out!

Thursday night we went out to Fuddruckers, because I had a birthday coupon for a free burger. Then we went to Baskin Robbins for their $0.31 scoop promotion. We came home to no power. I called Rocky Mtn Power to get an update of when we should expect power and they said they didn't know what was causing the outage and to not expect power for 3 hours. The odd part was the street lamp outside was shining brightly.

Beck couldn't grasp why the lights wouldn't turn on. He kept telling me to go get the batteries out of the drawer and fix it. Everything he tried to do required electricity. He was not pleased with this. Beck has a very real fear of monsters and has very dramatic dreams about them. So with the lack of light he was convinced monsters were causing this and they were going to get him. I let Beck have his own flashlight so he could shine the light on the "monsters" and see they weren't really there.

We read books and had lots of fun with shadow puppets. In some ways it was nice to be forced to simplify our life, but I was so grateful when the power came back on! Beck was so excited he went and turned all the lights on.

Around 3:30am I woke up to find the power went out again. I have no why I woke up. The lights were already off. This time on Rocky Mtn Power's website it stated there was a car accident causing the outtage. For some reason I feel very unsafe when the power it out. I guess I feel like the pillaging is going to happen at any moment. So I finally was able to fall back asleep around 4:45. The power flipped back on at 5:00am and woke me up. The smoke detectors beeped. Our phones beeped because they were charging again. The fridge started up again and our printers started up. It also woke up Beck who was convinced it was monsters come to get him again. So into our bed he came.

Not having power for the that brief time made me very grateful to have it today! Here's to hoping it's a long time until it goes out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment